- 6 Star Energy Ratings
- Bushfire Assessments
- Personalised and Prompt Service
- New Homes and Extensions
- Competitive Fees
- Site Visits Can Be Arranged
Bruce St. Clair of Effective Thermal Solutions is accredited to perform bushfire assessments, and he is also an experienced Thermal Performance Assessor (Energy Rater) who provides 6 Star House Energy Ratings in Victoria.
Bruce has had articles on designing homes to achieve 6 Star Energy Ratings and building in bushfire-prone areas published in the Surf Coast Times, the Leader Newspaper and the Owner Builder magazine. His energy rating files have been audited and approved by the BDAV and he designed a home that achieved the maximum 10 star energy rating for the BDAV's inaugural 10 Star Challenge in 2011.
Bruce has completed the University of Sydney's five day course "Development and Building in Bushfire Prone Areas" and can provide your Energy Rating and Bushfire Attack Level assessment. This is for both a BMO and BPA.
Geelong, the Surf Coast and the Otways
Bruce is based in Deans Marsh, south west of Geelong, and specialises in servicing clients in the Greater Geelong, Surf Coast and Colac Otway shires, but also provides energy ratings and bushfire assessments for clients throughout Victoria.
All new and existing homes undergoing a significant extension or renovation, require an Energy Rating and now, as a result of the Victorian Bushfires Royal Commission, many homes in Victoria also require a Bushfire Attack Level (BAL) assessment, if the home is located in a Bushfire Prone Area or a Bushfire Management Statement if located under a Bushfire Management Overlay.
6 Star Service
Bruce provides a personalised service with a prompt turnaround on energy ratings and bushfire assessments. He is committed to delivering a high standard of client service and is available to meet with the client on site.
He offers advice on important design and safety aspects to consider when you are intending to build, extend or renovate; including the home’s positioning and orientation, passive solar design, thermal mass, appropriate levels of insulation, shading and bushfire risk and mitigation.
Bruce offers a prompt and professional service at competitive prices. Please contact him to discuss your rating requirements.
Mob: 0435 892 799
Ph: 5236 3231
The key to 6 stars and energy savings is good design. Here are some tips:
- Position the home to maximise the benefit of northerly sunlight through window placement, glazing, sizing and shading.
- Shade windows in summer to reduce heat gains.
- Consider the construction materials to be used in your home. A brick home on a concrete slab performs differently to a timber home with a suspended floor.
- Appropriate insulation for all walls, floors and ceilings.
- Try to include thermal mass (concrete slab, brick feature wall).
- Consider the internal layout, try to include breeze paths and utilize separate zones to save on heating and cooling.